FUJIFILM recently announced that they are going to launch their new X-T1 IR (Infrared), which will be the first advanced infrared X-series mirrorless camera that promises demanding fields like law enforcement, scientific communities, medical research and technical environments high performance at all times. The X-T1 IR has almost the same specifications as the award-winning FUJIFILM X-T1. The only difference is that it has advanced infrared technology to allow users to capture moments without using the traditional color spectrum, but with high sensitivity to infrared light. What is amazing about this innovative device is that it is a premium mirrorless camera designed especially for professionals. It also pairs perfectly with high quality Fujinon XF lens to ensure exceptional results.
What sets the X-T1 IR apart?
The X-T1 IR uses an updated design that passes 380-1000nm, which allows photographers to shoot subjects that may otherwise be invisible in the naked eye. This extended range feature will be perfect for fine art photography as well as healthcare and crime scene investigation applications.
The new FUJIFILM X-T1 IR has the same performance and capabilities of the original X-T1. But with its advanced infrared technology, it delivers outstanding results, making it easier for users with a wide range of work requirements, including fine art photography, crime scene investigation, healthcare diagnostics and observation and other scientific and technical fields.
List Price: $1,699.95
Sale Price: $1,699.95
What is so great about shooting in infrared lighting is that it provides images with pronounced effects in strong sunlight than indoors.
How well does the X-T1 IR perform in special applications?
The FUJIFILM X-T1 IR can be used in everyday work. Users instantly gain advantage over its X-Trans CMOS II Sensor, ultra-wide Real Time or EVF and large high-res tilting screen. Yet, despite all that, it maintains the 100 percent silent electronic shutter and electronic viewfinder for perfect night vision with infrared light source.
The body of the X-T1 IR is made of 100 percent magnesium alloy is weather-resistant, making it the best for hot and cool, wet or dusty or other challenging conditions. Aside from that, this camera has an estimated 80 points of weather sealing for outdoor applications and even withstand freeze temperatures. Moreover, its focus is on both exceptional image quality and incredible speed with its superfast and accurate autofocus system. It’s also compatible with Ultra High Speed UHS-II SD memory cards. With up to 8 frames per second, this revolutionary camera is perfect for specialized work conditions that require top photo quality, performance and durability.
FUJIFILM X-T1 IR (Infrared) specifications
- 16.3 Megapixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- ISO200 – 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600, Auto (maximum ISO setting from ISO 400 – ISO6400 available)
- Professional-grade infrared technology from the ultraviolet (UV), visible and infrared (IR) portions of the spectrum (approximately 380nm – 1,000nm)
- EXR Processor II
- Startup time of 0.5 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds
- High-precision 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
- Dust and water-resistant body with approximately 80 weather sealed points. Freeze resistance to 14°F (-10°C).
- Highest viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.77x
- Ultra-fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag-time of 0.005sec (less Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38° and horizontal 31°)
- than 1/10 of existing models)
- Four different display modes: Full, Normal, Dual and Vertical.
- Tempered glass 1.04 million dot high-precision 3” tilting LCD monitor
- Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking
- Completely electronic shutter up to 1/32000 seconds