Whether you are an outdoor enthusiast or a sports lover, you will surely love the Sony DEV-3. It is the world’s first digital recording binoculars. It is the first pair of digital recording binoculars that utilizes two Full HD sensors to capture true 1920 x 1080 3D video. Whether you go bird watching, attend sporting events or go star gazing, the DEV-3 puts a whole new experience in your hands.
With the device, you get to record full HD 1920 x 1080/60p 3D video through binocular-style lenses. With this kind of capability, you are able to record memories into exceptional full HD quality. Thanks to its capability for playback via HDMI, you can view what you recorded with stunning clarity. It just gives you a very detailed playback of your memories.
With the DEV-3, you can just sit back and enjoy nature at its best or a sports game at its best, then get up and capture great images when you feel up to it. It’s a great tool to have as it lessens the number of devices you need to bring when you head out to go bird watching or catch a football game.
With the DEV-3, it’s like having both binoculars and a camera in just one handy device. Isn’t that convenient?
In this DEV-3 review, a few of the outstanding features will be touched upon and some will be explored in some detail.
Dev -3 Binocular Review
Features at a glance
When you want to be more than just a spectator when you’re observing animals outdoors or watching a baseball game, the DEV-3 can help make your viewing a whole lot better. It supports 1920 x 1080/60p and 3D AVCHD video modes. Not only that, it can also capture JPEG 7.1MP digital stills with an aspect ratio of 4:3 as well as 5.3MP images in 16:0.
To store your work, the DEV-3 is built with a memory card slot that is compatible with Memory Stick PRO Duo as well as SD/SDHC/SDCX memory cards. The DEV-3 also comes with a USB port, as well as a Mini-HDMI output for viewing 2D clips on an HDTV or 3D clips on a 3DTV.
With the DEV-3, you’re guaranteed to never miss a shot when you head out into the field for birdwatching or some other sporting event. The device features both auto focus and Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode image stabilization. The DEV-3 also comes with a mic input, tripod hole and cold shoe for mounting accessories.[youtube height=”520″ width=”780″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaDLJ16tOwE?rel=0[/youtube]
Here is a more detailed DEV-3 review that lists its capabilities:[list type=”check”]
- Binoculars and recording equipment are packaged into one item that is capable of capturing 1920 x 1080/60p full HD 3D video.
- Auto focus, optical 10x zoom and Advanced Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode image stabilizer.
- Capable of shooting 7.1MP digital stills at 4:3 and 5.3MP digital stills at 16:9.
- Dual 0.45” Electric Viewfinders with 852 x 480 resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio allow you to line-up your shots and really enjoy the landscape. Additionally, it has adjustable interpupillary distance through eye distance adjustment dial.
- Dual 1/4” 4.2M back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensors.
- Direct playback on a 3DTV or 2D HDTV direct playback is possible through mini-HDMI (type C).
- Features a microphone input for attaching external mic and USB port for uploading video.
- Memory card slot compatible with Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Capture photos and videos immediately so you don’t miss a shot.
- Features tripod hole and cold shoe for mounting accessories.
- Control dial for focus, exposure, SS and WB.
- Strap hook for a convenient neck strap.
With the DEV-3, you have the world’s first digital recording binoculars in your hands. If you want memories to be played back with such vividness and clarity, the DEV-3 is definitely a great choice.
List Price: $1,399.99
Sale Price: Too low to display.
UNBOXING[youtube height=”500″ width=”780″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbn1GFAfrAE?rel=0[/youtube]
DEV 3 Review Test Footage[youtube height=”500″ width=”780″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yBa2ly_AYU[/youtube]