+ Last Updated on
Review for Toshiba Camileo X-Sports[youtube height=”500″ width=”780″]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAIT1fgNrxo?rel=0[/youtube]
Many people treat an action camera as a vital accessory for adventure sports. Whether they are mountain climbing, parasailing, and other extreme activities, they just can’t forget their GoPro behind. Well, we all know that the brand is famous for its action cameras, but did you know that there are other names that are making their way up to that level? Yes, and one of these is the Camileo X-Sports by Toshiba.
Many Toshiba Camileo X-Sports reviews have claimed that the camera is a good choice for enthusiasts. Here are the reasons:[list type=”check”]
- The device is a box-like housing that is waterproof down to 60m. This makes it a good choice for people who love engaging in water activities, such as diving, waterskiing, and surfing.
- The X-Sports’ inside is a 1/2.3-inch 12-million-pixel CMOS sensor that lies at the back of a 2.97mm f/2.8 lens that features a focal length of 16.7mm. Just like other action cameras, the Camileo X-Sports displays an ultra-wide angle of the view, so users can use it very close to where the action is happening. Moreover, it is supplemented by a 10X digital zoom, which clear footage and photos of activities even when they are at a distance.
- The rear of the camera is a 2-inch LCD screen (320×240-dots). Even if this is a bit small and offers a low resolution for a camera, it is something of a bonus. GoPros actually offer LCD screens as an accessory only.
- Users can shoot videos in full HD. They can control exposure automatically with the available exposure compensation of +/-2Ev in Ev steps. Moreover, they can set the sensitivity to manual or automatic, depending on their needs.
- The Camileo is likely to be used for recording videos however it has also the capability of shooting 12Mp stills. It captures photographs on demand in photo mode, but will take shots at a rate of 3, 5, 10 or 30 per second in photo burst, and right after the button is pressed.
- Users can take advantage of a simultaneous photo and video mode, wherein the camera captures still images at an interval with a rate from 5-60seconds while shooting Full HD movies. In this mode though, the image resolution drops down to 8mp and video frame rate will slide to 30fps.
- The camera is built with a Wi-Fi system so users can connect to the smartphone through Toshiba’s Wi-Fi Connect app. This enables users to compose scenes on the phone before they are shared. In addition, lower resolution (WVGA) videos that are captured simultaneously are available for sharing, yet the time of transfer can be time consuming.
- Toshiba has tossed in an accessory, which is the wireless remote. It has a strap for easy grip, and lets shooting mode be changed easily.
- It comes with mounts so the camera can be attached to different objects, such as helmets, surfboards, and other items, during the performance of an extreme activity. Toshiba has a large collection of mounts offered inside the box, which includes flat adhesive mount, flat clip mount, bike mount, tripod mount, vented helmet mount, and curved adhesive mount.
All in all, Toshiba may not have thought to build an action camera first, but they sure have done great things of their own model.
|Image sensor||12 Megapixel CMOS-sensor (1/2.3″)|
|Lens||F: 2.8 (Ultrawide)|
|Effective focal length||2.97 mm (16.7 mm)|
|Zoom||10x digital zoom|
|LCD monitor||5.08cm (2″) screen (320×240 pixels)|
|Shutter speed||Normal : 1/4096 – 1/2
Night : 1/4096 – 1/2
|Focus range||Macro: n/a
Normal: 0.3m – infinity
|Light sensitivity (photo)||6400 ISO max.|
|Image stabiliser||Electronic Image Stabiliser|
|Storage media||microSD-/SDHC-/SDXC-cards up to 64GB|
|Still picture resolution||12MP (4.000 x 3.000)/8MP (3264 x 2448)/5MP (2.592 x 1.944)|
|Movie resolution||Full HD (1080p/60fps)/HD (720p/120fps)/HD (1600x1200p/60fps)/HD (960p/60fps)/WVGA (848×480/240fps)/VGA (480p/30fps)|
|White balance||Auto, daylight, tungsten, fluorescent|
|Scene||Auto, portrait, night, backlight|
|Flash mode (LED light)||No|
|Illumination/Lightning (Video)||Normal: 6 lux, night: 3 lux|
|Add. features||Photo Burst, Time Lapse, Simultaneous Video & Photo, Continuous Photo, Upside Down, Spot Meter, Looping Video, Date Printing|
|File format||MP4 (video), JPEG (picture)|
|Photos taken vs. capacity (1GB SD)||No. of pictures/capacity: 12MP = 223 pictures; 8MP = 697 pictures; 5MP = 1110 pictures|
|Video recording vs. capacity – MPEG4 (1GB SD)||Video recording time/capacity: Full HD (1080p/60fps) = 7.50min.; HD (720p/120fps) = 7.50min.; HD (1200p/60fps) = 9.00min.; HD (960p/60fps) = 9.00min.; WVGA = 11.30min.; VGA = 27.00min.|
|Battery life||1.5 hours (w/o WiFi condition)
80 min (with WiFi condition)
|Interface||Mini-HDMI/ micro-USB 2.0|
|TV output||Digital: HDMI|
|Power saving mode||Off (Default)
|System requirements||Microsoft® Windows® XP, Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows 8
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU or higher
1GB system memory
1GB hard drive space
1x USB port
|Box content||Camileo X-Sports
AC Adaptor (EU/UK)
Flat Clip Mount
Flat Adhesive Mount
Curved Adhesive Mount
Vented Helmet Mount
Quick Start Guide
DVD (User´s Manual, Magix Video Easy HD Trial, Magix Movie Edit Pro Plus Trial)
Turkish Warranty Coupon
|Dimensions||73 x 49.5 x 29.5 mm|
|Colour||black, casing transparent|
|Optional accessory||Camileo X-Sports Clip & Go Pack
Camileo X-Sports Head & Chest Pack
Camileo X-Sports Waterproof Casing
Camileo X-Sports Accessory Pack
Submit your review
List Price: unavailable
Sale Price: Too low to display.
List Price: unavailable
Sale Price: Too low to display.