Last Updated on January 13, 2019
Aerial filming is so much easier these days what with all the drones available in the market. Add to this the many action cameras that are compatible to most drones and capturing pictures and videos from the top is easy peasy. The day of buying two separate devices are over, however. All you’ll ever need is the Inspire 1, the all-in-one aerial filming device.
Living up to its integrated system, Inspire 1 is designed ready to fly whenever and wherever you need to capture an image or record an event. It has a sleek aerodynamic body that is lightweight, despite the many technologies packed into it, including powerful motors, large propellers, smart flight controller and a camera. It is flexible as it is stable and responsive. Inspire 1 has strong carbon fiber arms that contributes to its easy maneuverability, and equipped with DJI’s 3-axis gimbal technology.
Inspire 1 4k Camera
The camera and gimbal system combination makes this device a must-have for aerial filming. Its camera, which is dubbed as the X3, can record videos with 4k resolution at 24 to 30fps. When at 1080p, it films at 24 to 60 fps. It also captures stills at 12 megapixels. The 94-degree wide angle lens eliminates distortion and films crisp and clear imagery. It also features a Sony EXMOR 1/2.3-inch type sensor with an f/2.8 20mm lens. The camera is detachable, by the way, making it scalable and ready for future improvements. It also rotates 360 degrees, allowing you to film in a way that is independent of the drone’s movement
Vision Positioning System
If you have been looking for a drone that will fly indoors without any problem, it is high time to end your search. Inspire 1 is equipped with technologies designed for indoor flying. The Optical Flow technology and sonic waves work in tandem, so that the drone will hold its position, stop upon the release of the controls, and respond to your commands even without the GPS. The Optical Flow system uses a specially designed camera to do its job to a T.
- Inspire 1’s camera is not the only thing that is detachable, but also the Gimbal system. If newer and compatible models come out of the market, you can easily upgrade and customize it.
- It comes with DJI’s Lightbridge technology that can transmit videos at a distance of up to 2km. Real-time feed from Inspire 1 can be viewed on your mobile phone at 720p HD, giving you a clear view of what the drone sees above and which shots you want to frame.
- Inspire allows for dual control, pushing the boundaries in aerial filming. Using two controllers, one of you can take care of the flight path, while the other handles the gimbal and camera. This enhances precision and creativity to new levels. In this case, two heads are definitely better than one.
- It has a smart battery management system that tells you exactly how long the Inspire 1 can stay on air and record. While flying, you will see the remaining battery life and, using advanced algorithms, will calculate the amount of time needed before the drone has to fly back and land.
- It has a full-featured mobile app that can be installed on your phone or tablet. The app serves as your controller for the camera, where you can change the settings and be in total command of the drone’s flight.
Inspire 1 is one of those technologies that resulted in makers pushing and ignoring boundaries. Ready to give aerial filming another shot?
|Weight (Battery Included)||2935 g|
|Hovering Accuracy (GPS mode)||Vertical: 0.5 m
Horizontal: 2.5 m
|Max Angular Velocity||Pitch: 300°/s
|Max Tilt Angle||35°|
|Max Ascent Speed||5 m/s|
|Max Descent Speed||4 m/s|
|Max Speed||22 m/s (ATTI mode, no wind)|
|Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level||4500 m (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)|
|Max Wind Speed Resistance||10 m/s|
|Max Flight Time||Approximately 18 minutes|
|Motor Model||DJI 3510H|
|Propeller Model||DJI 1345T|
|Indoor Hovering||Enabled by default|
|Operating Temperature Range||-10° to 40° C|
|Diagonal Distance||559 to 581 mm|
|Power Spectral Density||9.06mW/MHz|
|Image Max Size||4000x3000|
|ISO Range||100-3200 (video)
|Electronic Shutter Speed||8s － 1/8000s|
|FOV (Field of View)||94°|
|CMOS||Sony EXMOR 1/2.3”|
|Lens||20mm (35mm format equivalent)f/2.8 focus at ∞
9 Elements in 9 groups
|Still Photography Modes||Single shoot
Burst shooting: 3/5/7 frames
Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7EV Bias
|Video Recording Modes||UHD (4K): 4096x2160p24/25, 3840x2160p24/25/30
|Max Bitrate of Video Storage||60 Mbps|
|Supported File Formats||FAT32/exFAT
Photo: JPEG, DNG
Video: MP4/MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
|Supported SD Card Types||Micro SD
Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required.
|Operating Temperature Range||0° to 40° C|
|Rated Power||100 W|
|Name||Intelligent Flight Battery|
|Battery Type||LiPo 6S|
|Net Weight||670 g|
|Operating Temperature Range||-10° to 40° C|
|Storage Temperature Range||Less than 3 months: -20 to 45° C
More than 3 months: 22° to 28° C
|Charging Temperature Range||0° to 40° C|
|Max Charging Power||180 W|
DJI GO APP
|Mobile Device System Requirements||iOS 8.0 or later, Android 4.1.2 or later|
|Supported Mobile Devices||
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
Unboxing the Inspire
Submit your review
No products found.