Last Updated on May 1, 2019
You must be waiting for ages to see the latest kid-friendly digital camera from Nikon. Fortunately, the Coolpix W150 is finally released by the famous digital camera manufacturer which stands out due to its shock and water proofing capabilities.
What makes it so cool is its design that is not only waterproof, but also dustproof and shockproof. This makes the product even more attractive with its 13MP sensor and 3x optical zoom lens well suited for the underwater enthusiasts.
Main Features Of Coolpix W150
Appeals to a wide range of users
You can really appreciate the design since it is intended not only for children but also for adults like you. Basically, it has a moderately curved form that makes it very comfy to use even for kids with small hands. Even first time users find it so easy to use. In fact, you can customize the camera operations by picking any of the five options from the menu screen.
Built reliable and tough for a variety of uses
The device is both shockproof and waterproof that can endure a depth of 10m or 33 ft. and withstand a fall from as high as 1.8m or 5.9 ft. At the same time, it is cold-resistant to withstand temperatures as low as -10 degrees Celsius or 14 degrees Fahrenheit. So you can trust that the Coolpix W150 can survive the rainy days, snowy mountains, or the sandbox at the local park.
User-friendly device enabling high quality shooting with ease
Due to the enhanced NIKKOR lens, it enables the user to get 3x optical zoom aside from the 13.2MP resolution of the camera. The camera also offers some functions that make it easier to capture stunning photos easily. It also has the Dynamic Fine Zoom that can provide approximately 6x zoom to ensure resolution remains high within the digital zoom range.
Enhanced editing functions and scene modes
Among the features of the Coolpix W150 are the following.
- Shoot Underwater – Optimized processing for underwater photography.
- Underwater Face Framing – This automatically detects and captures possible images that resemble the face of a human being.
- Add Clarity Underwater – This feature corrects the blue cast visible with underwater shooting to make the images even more visible.
- Picture-in-picture – Makes pictures appear as if they were taken on an instant print camera, which is placed in front of the background of another image.
- Little Planet Effect – Creates images that would look like small planets.
- Curve Pictures – Creates images that are rounder or new frames that can be added to photos. It can also provide a way to make a collage from different images.
These features easily provide convenience to the user when taking pictures while submerged underwater.
Perhaps the most significant feature of the Coolpix W150 is the superior image quality even it may look just as a kid-friendly product. While the market for dedicated compact cameras is seemingly getting vague, the big manufacturers think that it still exists, and Nikon has just released the Coolpix W150.