Last Updated on July 19, 2020
- 1″ MOS sensor, 2/3-type bayonet lens mount
- 4K [UHD]: 3840 x 2160 at 59.94p
- High Sensitivity (F10/2000lx) and Low Noise (S/N 60dB)
- Simultaneous UHD (4x3G-SDI) and HD (3G-SDI) outputs
- HD cropping function
- Supporting IP streaming and IP control
Panasonic AK-UB300 Introduction Video
Panasonic AK-UB300 Overview
The Panasonic AK-UB300 is a multi-purpose camera that can be used for reporting traffic and weather as well as be used in sports coverage. The AK-UB300 is capable of shooting in 4K and can provide outstanding images during an aerial shoot. With its digital haze clear function, the camera can film scenes in situations with not-so-perfect conditions.
Design & Features
The AK-UB300 features a B4 mount that supports ENG lenses but Panasonic’s model doesn’t need an adapter to operate the lens – it can be used automatically. The camera isn’t just compatible with 2/3-type lenses, the image quality produced is fantastic. With this system in place, the AK-UB300 can achieve a wide dynamic range by really making use of incident light.
Playing with White Balance is something many DSLR photographers do to set the mood. In a way, it’s a matter of creating your own interpretation of the scene before you. Some shooters prefer setting a cooler tone for their images while others like it a bit warmer. White Balance is also a setting photographers tinker with to match the condition they are shooting in.
For instance, the Cloudy setting might be used on an overcast day while Tungsten might be preferred late in the afternoon. With the AK-UB300, the settings are automatically chosen for you. Changes in color temperature are normally seen when shooting outdoors and rather than change the setting each time, the AK-UB300 decides that for you.
Adjusting White Balance is just one of the intelligent automatic adjust functions the AK-UB300 has. Another one is called automatic gain control (AGC) which has a range of -6 dB to +36 dB. With AGC, users can select from normal mode, favor clarity or favor movement.
The HD Cut-Out Picture feature of the AK-UB300 enables users to create one cut-out image out of three cropped memories.
Another impressive feature of the AK-UB300 is its Digital Haze Clear function in which a user can apply three levels of haze removal to make photos even clearer. The AK-UB300 is designed to be a multi-purpose camera that can handle a wide range of needs.
The AK-UB300 can output 4K (3G x 4) and HD-SDI together. The camera also provides HD-IP streaming and with its IP control, the camera allows system integration with AW series remote panels.
The Panasonic AK-UB300 supports the following UHD formats: 3840x2160 (59.94p), 3840x210 (29.97p), 3840x2160 (23.98p), 3840x2160 (50p), and 3840x2160 (25p). The following HD formats are supported: 1080 (59.94p), 1080 (59.94i), 1080 (29.97PsF), 1080 (23.98PsF; over 59.94i), 1080 (50p), 1080 (50i), 1080 (25PsF), 720 (59.94p) and 720 (50p).
Pros & Cons
- It is compatible with 2/3-type lenses but doesn’t need an adapter for them to work. First of all, this saves up on costs when it comes to gadgets and equipment one needs to shoot. Second, this ability in a camera is remarkable and should be praised. Lastly, the quality of the image produced with such a technology is marvelous.
- It automatically detects White Balance. The AK-UB300 was designed for use in many instances but when used particularly out of the studio, videographers need to deal with the ever-changing weather. Rather than miss an opportunity because settings needed adjustment, the AK-UB300 does everything for the cameraman. Color temperature sets the mood for the entire video and it’s great having a feature that “decides” that for you.
- It has a Digital Haze Clear function. While haze certainly brings a certain mood to an image, it may also lead to not providing the actual picture. With the digital haze clear function of the AK-UB300, users can apply three levels of haze removal to produce a much clear image.
- It is rather costly. The AK-UB300 is retailing at $24,995.00 – that’s quite an investment for a budding videographer. Studios and big-name companies won’t likely have an issue with the camera’s price tag but those who want a good camera for shooting amateur videos will certainly want something that offers similar features but less pricey.
There are lots of things to like about the Panasonic AK-UB300. It is capable of shooting 4K video and has a range of features that really help out videographers. The automatic adjusting of White Balance is clearly one of its most impressive features and really helps anyone who has to do outdoor shoots. Being able to cut out an HD image from three memories is also a touch. Overall, it’s an interesting camera that is packed with equally interesting features so it obviously comes at a high cost.
Unboxing the Panasonic AK-UB300
SaleBestseller No. 1Panasonic LUMIX FZ300 Long Zoom Digital...
- 4K video and 4K photo: Panasonic’s...
- Leica DC Vario Elmarit lens: 24x zoom...
- High image Quality: The 12.1 Megapixel...
- Rugged Camera Design: Splash...SaleBestseller No. 2Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS70K, 20.3...
- 20.3 Megapixel MOS sensor plus 30x Leica...
- 0.2 Inch 1,166k dot EVF (electronic view...
- 4K QFHD video recording (3840x2160),...
- Lens barrel mounted control ring enables...SaleBestseller No. 3Panasonic LUMIX ZS100 4K Digital Camera,...
- POINT-AND-SHOOT CAMERA: Large, 1-inch...
- EYE-LEVEL ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER AND LCD...
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: 4K QFHD video...
- LENS-MOUNTED CONTROL RING: Manual...