Last Updated on July 17, 2020
Panasonic HC-VX870 – consumer 4K camcorder with HDR and 4K resolution capabilities
With the Panasonic HC-VX870 4K Ultra HD camcorder, you not only get a device that can capture Ultra HD 4K, but one where you can superimpose a secondary video image from your camera’s smartphone through WiFi connection. With this kind of capability, it’s very much possible to cover two camera angles in just a single recording.
Other notable features will be included in this Panasonic HC-VX870 camera review such as the 20x optical zoom lens with a 29.5 to 626mm equivalent focal length. With this kind of capability, you have quite the wide angle when you zoom out, a lot of telephoto when you zoom in and a lot more in between. The HC-VX870 can also capture 120 fps native slow-motion at 1080p resolution. The camera can even capture even slower motion by using in-camera interpolation where you get to achieve a final video of 240 fps. The HC-VX870 camera also features the HYBRID O.I.S.+ of Panasonic which makes for a steadier handheld shooting. The technology combines optical and digital image stabilization in order to provide 5-axis correction. With adjustable settings, you can also find a stabilization mode that best suits the kind of shooting that you’re doing – be it from tripod work to Normal to regular handheld work. The WiFi feature of the HC-VX870 allows you to do more than capture video from your phone’s camera.
- VW-VBT190 Li-ion Battery for Panasonic...
- Battery Specifications - Energy Storage...
- 100% Safety Guarantee: Built with...
- High quality battery charger is a handy...
With the aid of the Panasonic Image App, you can preview a live image on your mobile device as well as change the camera settings. In addition, you can upload web-friendly copies of videos and photos directly through social media sites if connected to the internet. Lastly, the camera comes with a Baby Monitor function that lets you use it like an IP surveillance camera wherein you can view a remote feed on the internet.
HC VX870Test Footage
* HDR (high dynamic range) movie recording – works similar to HDR still photos where two images captured using different exposures are combined. With this feature, you will find an enhanced shadow and highlight detail which results in lessened chances of seeing blown-out highlights or crushed blacks. This feature works best for scenes that are difficult to expose like a subject standing in shadow with a bright light behind.
* WiFi connectivity
* Remote shooting / Remote view – you can control the camcorder from a distance using the Panasonic Image App. The videos and photos in the camera can be viewed directly through the smartphone or tablet you’re using. * Real-time broadcasting – allows you to livestream events on USTREAM as they are recorded in full HD in-camera.
* Baby monitor – check on infants through a smartphone or tablet. With push notification activated, an alert is sent to you when baby is waking or crying. * One-touch connection – connects to other NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet with just one touch. QR codes are provided for devices without NFC to allow automatic WiFi configuration.
* Wireless twin camera – connect your smartphone to the HC-VX870 through WiFi and use the phone’s camera to provide a second camera angle. This angle can then be superimposed alongside the main image.
* 4K photo mode – capture high-resolution prints with this feature. * Crystal engine image processor – has enough horsepower to allow the recording of slow-motion video up to 120 fps in 1080p, as well as created interpolated slow-motion video up to 240 fps in 1080p.
* Night mode – makes use of IR illumination for the capture of monochrome images where there is no visible light.
* iA (Intelligent Auto) / iA Plus Mode – senses shooting conditions and automatically adjust settings to achieve the best results.
* Creative effects – add a more distinctive look to movies with a range of in-camera effects filters. So with this Panasonic HC-VX870 4K Ultra HD review, you are now equipped with the right information if this camcorder is right for your needs or not. Now is the best time to decide!