Last Updated on October 2, 2019
There is a more exciting update on the Fujifilm X-Pro3 after the official announcement made during the Fujifilm X Summit in Japan. Among the new features will be the hidden LCD rear screen, which could mean the death of chimping.
Video credit: Denae & Andrew
If you are into digital photography, you should be familiar with chimping, the colloquial term to describe the habit of checking every photo immediately after being captured.
New Fujifilm X-Pro3 Features
- Titanium body – This new model features a couple of optional extra protective coatings along with its titanium body.
- Perfect viewfinder – Due to the increased color space, you can tell that it is the perfect viewfinder
- Classic Negative – The new Classic Negative offers an all-new film simulation feature.
- No D-Pad – The rumors were proven true because it has materialized the absence of the D-Pad.
- No More Rear Screen – The conventional rear screen has also been taken away due to its hidden LCD.
Twenty years ago, the first camera released by Fujifilm was made of titanium called the Fujifilm TX-1 rangefinder. However, the new X-Pro3 just weighs less than 900g. Moreover, it comes in 3 different colors, which should be more than just style options.
Classic Negative Feature
When it comes to showcasing the simulation features of Fujifilm, the Classic Negative feature is another throwback with its 3D vintage simulation. Its rear LCD panel would also showcase the exposure settings of the camera. Thus, it displays an image that mimics that of the old-fashioned film canister design in your camera.
Smaller LCD Panel
You can also notice that the camera also features a dual-sided display, showcasing a smaller LCD panel. That would duplicate the top LCD panel from conventional cameras, detailing exposure information.
That said, you need to use the live view in order to see the images. On the other hand, you need to flip the display down in order to reveal a standard LCD screen that is hidden inside the device.
No More D-Pad
The most interesting change, however, is the absence of the D-Pad and the 3-inch LCD. According to sources, that would be too modern for the super-retro X-Pro3. But the good thing is that you get to have a 2-sided hidden LCD.
Two New Features
Although black is the regular titanium option, two other features have special coatings that showcase durability in Dura Black and Dura Silver. In fact, they are 10 times tougher compared to stainless steel to fend off scratches, which is near the level of durability as sapphire.
- 4K60 video
- Weather-sealed magnesium-alloy body
- 26.1MP/24MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor
- 5-Axis in-body image stabilization
- X-processor 4 with Quad CPU
- 3-inch 1.04m-Dot 3-way tilt LCD touchscreen
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Price and Release Date
There were rumors that the Fujifilm X-Pro3 is going to be released in October 2019. In fact, there was information that the company is going to unveil the new X-Pro3 on October 23, 2019.
However, the price has not yet been revealed, but there are speculations that it would be launched with a similar price tag of its predecessor.