Last Updated on June 30, 2020
- 24.3MP (APS-C)X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
- X-Processor Pro Image Processor
- 4K (3840x2160) video recording at 30p
- ISO 51200 (Extended), 14 fps continuous shooting
- 91-Point AF with Custom AF-C Settings
- 3.0″ (1040K-dot) Tilt-type TFT color LCD monitor
- 0.39-in. (2,360K-dot) OLED color viewfinder
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
FUJIFILM X-T20 Introduction Video
FUJIFILM X-T20 Overview
Aside from its compact size, the Fujifilm X-T20 is also lightweight and packed with more features that make taking pictures fun, easy and with high-quality images for print and otherwise. With the option to take snaps fully automatic, it will soon become one of the best photography tools on the market.
The design of the X-T20, however, is familiar to anyone acquainted with the Fujifilm X-T2, X-T10, and X-T1. In fact, it is similar to the X-T2, except for a lower cost. And anyone who’s owned any of the previous models would know just how quickly this model followed after its predecessor.
Still, more options mean more toys to play with.
Design & features
As a similar version of the X-T2, many might say that the new Fujifilm X-T20 is T2’s little brother. But it has the design and features that make it unique on its own. A mid-range shooter with 4K video and an added a touchscreen isn’t exactly ordinary. Along with the X-Trans™* CMOS III sensor & X-Processor Pro, AF-C Custom Setting, and Advanced SR AUTO mode, you can expect a lot from its performance and functionality.
Control Mode & Auto Mode
The Fujifilm X-T20 lets you choose between manual and automatic operation, both of which promises ease of operability. Nothing is hard or difficult with a manual operation where you only need to turn and press different dials and controls to change the settings or switch modes.
If you put the compensation dial to the “C” position, for example, you will achieve an exposure compensation of up to ±5 stops. And while you’re adjusting the exposure, you can check the effect on the EVF.
Not keen on turning dials to change settings? Simply activate the Advanced SR Auto Mode by pointing the switch to AUTO, and you can choose among 58 presets of autofocus and exposure settings. Simply press the shutter release, and the camera would choose the right exposure setting for that particular shot.
Who says you need to be camera savvy to take pictures with the right exposure?
High-Precision Electronic Viewfinder (EVF)
With a 2.36M-dot organic EL EVF, you can see 100% of an image or subject even when the outdoor conditions are bright. This is made possible with the use of four dedicated lens elements. Along with a frame rate of 54.54 fps with a time-lag of 0.005 sec, the EVF delivers a smoother display and shows exposure setting in real time. So you’ll know exactly how an image will turn out.
Brightness is automatically controlled, but can be customized if you so desire. Simply switch the settings on and off accordingly.
Tilting Touch Monitor
A 3-inch, tilting LCD monitor is awesome enough, but with a dot count of 1.04M, which is the same as those in the flagship models, you’re definitely getting a great deal with the Fujifilm X-T20.
- Tilt the monitor up and down
- Shoot from high/low angles or at waist level
- View all shooting information on the monitor
- Has an aspect ratio of 3:2
- Touchscreen operation for Focus Area Selection, Touch Focus, Touch Shot, and many others
When not in use, the LCD monitor sits flush on the camera’s body, allowing you to focus on your subject and ensure it doesn’t look out of place from the rest of the device.
With the Fujifilm X-T20, you not only take pictures and record short clips, but also explore your creative potentials. With a variety of functions that you can use, snapshots can take on a new level. Film Simulation modes, such as PROVIA, CLASSIC CHROME, ASTIA, PRO Neg. Hi, and PRO Neg. Std, makes an image’s color or a subject’s skin tone more vibrant and realistic.
Combined with a 4K video support, panoramic shot, multiple exposures, advanced filters, interval timer shooting, super intelligent flash, bracketing, and wireless communication, you will be able to do so much more with a lightweight digital camera.
With all these features, you are guaranteed quality images on every shot.
Pros and Cons
- Convenient touchscreen controls, tilt LCD monitor
- A mid-range camera that supports 4K video
- Fast autofocus performance
- Faster startup time, faster X-Processor Pro image processor
- Clean, high-quality output
- Smaller and cheaper with full features
- Hard to handle for people with a larger grip, or when shooting with gloves on
- Doesn’t have a body fully resistant to humidity, water, and freezing temperatures
- Lacks a dedicated ISO dial, and an optional power grip
- Doesn’t have convenient side card slots, only a single bottom load slot
In comparison with the X-T2, the Fujifilm X-T20 may seem lacking. But, for its price point, it is worth every penny you spend. After all, it is one of the impressive performers in the Fujifilm ecosystem.
|Model Name||FUJIFILM X-T20|
|Number of effective pixels||24.3 millions pixels|
|Image sensor||23.6mm x 15.6mm(APS-C)X-Trans CMOS III with primary color filter.
|Storage media||SD Card (-2G) / SDHC Card (-32G) / SDXC Card (-256G) UHS-I*1|
|Number of recorded pixels||L: (3:2) 6000 x 4000 / (16:9) 6000 x 3376 / (1:1) 4000 x 4000
M: (3:2) 4240 x 2832 / (16:9) 4240 x 2384 / (1:1) 2832 x 2832
S: (3:2) 3008 x 2000 / (16:9) 3008 x 1688 / (1:1) 2000 x 2000
L: 2160 x 9600 (Horizontal : 9600 x 1440)
M: 2160 x 6400 (Horizontal : 6400 x 1440)Lens mountFUJIFILM X mountSensitivityStandard Output Sensitivity : AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3(up to ISO12800) / ISO200 to 12800(1/3 EV step)
Extended output sensitivity : ISO100 / 25600 / 51200Exposure controlTTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center WeightedExposure modeP(Program AE) / A(Aperture Priority AE) / S(Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M(Manual Exposure)Exposure compensation-5.0EV – +5.0EV, 1/3EV step
(movie recording : -2.0EV – +2.0EV)Image StabilizerSupported with OIS type lensesShutter typeFocal Plane ShutterShutter speed
- Mechanical Shutter
- 4 sec. to 1/4000 sec.(P mode), 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.(All modes)
Bulb mode(up to 60 min), TIME : 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.
- Electronic Shutter*3
- 4 sec. to 1/4000 sec.(P mode)
1 sec. to 1/32000 sec. (P / A / S / M modes)
Bulb mode : 1 sec. fixed, TIME : 1sec to 1/32000sec.
- Mechanical + Electronic Shutter
- 4 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(P mode), 30 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(All modes)
Bulb mode(up to 60 min), TIME : 30 sec. to 1/32000 sec.
- Synchronized shutter speed for flash
- 1/180 sec. or slower
Continuous shootingApprox. 14.0 fps [Only Electronic Shutter](JPEG: 42 frames Lossless compression RAW: 23 frame Uncompressed RAW: 22 frames)
Approx. 11.0 fps [Only Electronic Shutter](JPEG: 56 frames Lossless compression RAW: 24 frame Uncompressed RAW: 23 frames)
Approx. 8.0 fps (JPEG: 62 frames Lossless compression RAW: 25 frame Uncompressed RAW: 23 frames)
Approx. 5.0 fps (JPEG: 68 frames Lossless compression RAW: 28 frame Uncompressed RAW: 25 frames)
Approx. 4.0 fps (JPEG: 73 frames Lossless compression RAW: 29 frame Uncompressed RAW: 25 frames)
Approx. 3.0 fps (JPEG: 81 frames Lossless compression RAW: 32 frame Uncompressed RAW: 27 frames)
- * recordable frames depends on recording media
- * Speed of continuous shooting depends on shooting environment and shooting frames
Auto bracketingAE Bracketing(±2EV / ±5/3EV / ±4/3EV / ±1EV / ±2/3EV / ±1/3EV)
Film simulation bracketing(Any 3 types of film simulation selectable)
Dynamic Range Bracketing (100% · 200% · 400%)
ISO sensitivity Bracketing (±1/3EV / ±2/3EV / ±1EV)
White Balance Bracketing (±1 / ±2 / ±3)Focus
- Single AF / Continuous AF / MF
- Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF)
- AF frame selection
- Single point AF: EVF / LCD: 13x7 / 25x13 (Changeable size of AF frame among 5 types),
Zone AF: 3x3 / 5x5 / 7x7 from 91 areas on 13x7 grid,
Wide/Tracking AF: (up to 18 area)
- * AF-S : Wide
- * AF-C : Tracking
White balanceAutomatic scene recognition / Custom / Color temperature selection (K) / Preset : Daylight, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, UnderwaterSelf-timer10sec. / 2sec.Interval timer shootingYes (Setting : Interval, Number of shots, Starting time)FlashManual pop-up flash (Super Intelligent Flash)
Guide number : approx. 7 (ISO200 · m) / approx. 5 (ISO100 · m)Flash modes
- FLASH MODE
- TTL(FLASH AUTO / STANDARD / SLOW SYNC.) / MANUAL / COMMANDER / OFF
- SYNC. MODE
- 1ST CURTAIN / 2ND CURTAIN
Hot shoeYes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible)Viewfinder0.39-in., approx. 2,360K-dot OLED color viewfinder, Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area : approx. 100%
Eye point : approx. 17.5mm ( from the rear end of the camera’s eyepiece), Diopter adjustment : -4m ~ +2m-1(dpt)
Magnification : 0.62x with 50mm lens(35mm format equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to -1m-1.
Diagonal angle of view : approx. 30°( Horizontal angle of view : approx. 25°) Built-in eye sensorLCD monitor3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2,
approx. 1040K-dot Tilt-type TFT color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage)Movie recording[4K (3840x2160)] 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98P, 100Mbps Continuous recording : up to approx. 10 min.
[Full HD (1920x1080)] 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98P, 36Mbps Continuous recording : up to approx. 15 min.
[HD (1280x720)] 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98P, 18Mbps Continuous recording : up to approx. 30 min.
- * For 4K movie recording, use a card with UHS Speed Class 3 or higher.
- * Although movie recording will continue without interruption when the file size reaches 4 GB, subsequent footage will be recorded to a separate file which must be viewed separately.
Photography functionsAdvanced SR AUTO, Face / Eye detection AF, Auto Red-eye Removal, Select custom setting, Panorama, Color space, Setting (Color, Sharpness, D-range, Highlight tone, Shadow tone), Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Histogram display, Preview depth of focus, Lens Modulatioon Optimizer, Pre-AF, Focus check, Focus Peak Highlight, Digital Split Image™ *4, Electronic level, Multiple exposure, Release priority / Focus priority selection, Fn button setting , ISO AUTO control, Instant AF setting (AF-S/AF-C), AF-C CUSTOM SETTINGS , SHUTTER AF , SHUTTER AE , AF-ON , Interlock spot AE & Focus area, Focus area setting, AEL/AFL button setting, Edit/Save Quick menu, Preview exp./WB in manual mode, Shutter Type, Touch Screen SettingTouch Screen Mode
- Shooting Mode
- Touch Shooting, AF, Focus Area, OFF
- Playback Mode
- Swipe, Zoom, Pinch-in / Pinch-out, Double-tap, Drag
Film Simulation mode15 modes (PROVIA / Standard, Velvia / Vivid, ASTIA / Soft, Classic Chrome, PRO Neg.Hi, PRO Neg.Std, Black& White, Black& White+Ye Filter, Black& White+R Filter, Black& White+GFilter, Sepia, ACROS, ACROS+Ye Filter, ACROS＋R Filter, ACROS＋G Filter)Grain EffectSTRONG , WEAK , OFFDynamic range settingAUTO, 100%, 200%, 400%Advanced filterToy camera / Miniature / Pop color / High-key / Low-key / Dynamic tone / Soft focus / Partial color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple)Playback functionsRAW conversion, Image rotate, Auto image rotate, Face Detection, Red-eye removal, Photobook assist, Erase selected frames, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Slide show, Protect, Crop, Resize, Panorama, FavoritesWireless transmitter
- IEEE 802.11b / g / n (standard wireless protocol)
- WEP / WPA / WPA2 mixed mode
- Access mode
Wireless functionGeotagging, Wireless communication (Image transfer), View & Obtain Images, Remote camera shooting, PC Autosave, instax printer printOther functionsExif Print, 35 Languages, Date/Time, Time difference, Sound & Flash OFF, Performance Setting, Preview exp. in Manual mode, LCD Brightness, LCD Color, Preview Pic. Effect, DISP. Custom Setting , Copyright SettingTerminal
- Digital interface
- USB2.0 (High-Speed) / micro USB terminal
- * connectable with Remote Release RR-90 (sold separately)
- HDMI output
- HDMI micro connector (Type D)
- Φ2.5mm, stereo mini connector [Microphone]
NP-W126S Li-ion battery (included)
- Battery life for still images*5
- Approx. 350 frames (When XF35mmF1.4 R is set, LCD monitor ON)
- Actual battery life of movie capture*5
- *Face detection is set to OFF
- 4K: approx. 50 min., FULL HD: approx. 60 min.
- Continuance battery life of movie capture*5
- *Face detection is set to OFF
- 4K: approx. 70 min., FULL HD: approx. 95 min.
Dimensions118.4mm (W) x 82.8mm (H) x 41.4mm (D) / 4.66in. (W) x 3.26in. (H) x 1.63in. (D)
(Minimum Depth : 31.9mm / 1.3 in.)WeightApprox. 383g / 13.5 oz. (including battery and memory card)
Approx. 333g / 11.8 oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)Operating Temperature0°C – 40°C (+32°F – +104°F)COperating Humidity10 – 80% (no condensation)Starting up period
- * Fujifilm research
Accessories includedLi-ion battery NP-W126S
Battery charger BC-W126
Metal strap clip
Clip attaching tool
Unboxing the FUJIFILM X-T20
Submit your review
No products found.