Did you know that Canon has planned to release a new camera with dual sensor? Well, that is expected to happen before the Tokyo Olympics in the summer.
Video credit: CanonUSA
The new camera is named EOS-1D X Mark III, 4 years after its predecessor 1D X Mark II was introduced. With its significant upgrades in 2020, it comes as no surprise to a lot of Canon camera enthusiasts.
New Features Of The Camera
- Full frame CMOS sensor at 20.1MP combined with the high detail low-pass filter
- DIGIC X image processor with a range of ISO 100-102400 and expandable to 50-819200
- A 191-point optical viewfinder AF (autofocus) system able to track the head and face of the subject, using Deep Learning Technology
- Dual pixel CMOS AF for accurate and fast autofocus in Live View
- Lightning fast camera features to enable shooting up to 16fps in the optical viewfinder
- 12-bit 5.5K RAW internal video recording and oversampling 4K 60p video recording with full-width sensor
- Provides maximum buffer in continuous shooting of 1,000 images or more using dual CFexpress card slots
With the 20.1MP full-frame CMOS sensor, Canon has developed a High Detail Low-Pass Filter and the DIGIC X image processor. This enables professional photographers to capture images in a fast and powerful way, along with the high level of resolution, higher sensitivity, and improved image quality.
The DIGIC X enables you to capture images approximately 3.1 times and 380 times processing performance with the Dual CMOS AF. This is in comparison with the DIGIC 6+ in the EOS-1D X Mark II.
5.5 RAW Video Recording
With the new EOS-1D X Mark III camera, you can enjoy equally impressive video features. This is due to the fact that it can record 5.5K of RAW video and uncropped 4K 60p from the original 5.5K readout in the Canon Log at 10-bit 4:2:2. Users of the Canon Log will allow them to record 4K and 1080p video files up to 12 stops of the High Dynamic Range along with the wide exposure latitude.
Video credit: Canon Australia
Auto Focus System
The development of the EOS-1D X Mark III was focused on the design and installation of a comprehensive and completely overhauled Auto Focus system for added speed. The latest 191-point AF system has a 155-point all cross-type points to help users to smoothly and quickly track a subject.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
This new CMOS AF technology from Canon provides users with accurate and fast AF with the use of 3869 manually selectable AF positions along with 525 automatic areas. Likewise, the new AF system of Mark III is able to support face, head, and eye detection using the Live View shooting.
This new technology will enable high-precision tracking by locking in and following the eye of a moving subject. When the AF/AE tracking is enabled in Live View, it supports high-speed burst shooting with the ability to capture no less than 20fps in both RAW and RAW+JPEG file format.
The communications functions of the new camera have been enhanced to support the needs of top professionals. This enables the photographer to incorporate a dedicated Network tab from the menu to be able to set up network functions like built-in gigabit Ethernet connections, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and destinations like EOS Utility, Browser Remote functions, and FTP servers.