Last Updated on January 13, 2019
Tiny and powerful. Amazon’s latest DeepLens AI camera proves once again that size isn’t always everything. Instead, convenience wins the game.
Video Credit: Gadget News & Review
Now that Amazon has already made it available for purchase, harnessing the potential of this small but mighty AI camera is now possible! Developers can easily buy it for only $250.
As advertised, this latest learning camera may look underwhelming because of its size and build. However, it’s packed with powerful features that are worth the try.
A Step Closer to the Future
Photo credit: Fortune
Formally known as the AWS DeepLens AI Deep Learning Video Camera, the device is a perfect tool for developers. It can be useful for those who are building products and services that are making machine learning through facial and object recognition as well as other AI features.
Some of its features include a 4-megapixel camera that is perfectly capable of capturing 1080P video. It has a 2D microphone array and is powered by an Intel Atom Processor.
It also comes with a WiFi, micro HDMI, and USB ports plus 8 gigabytes of RAM. The device runs Ubuntu 16.04. Not only that, the DeepLens AI camera can easily connect to Amazon Web Services.
It’s All in the Details
Photo Credit: Techpowerup
Here are some important pointers about Amazon’s DeepLens AI camera:
- It’s very easy to learn the basics through tutorials, computer vision models, example projects and hands-on exploration.
- Getting started doesn’t take a lot of time. In less than 10 minutes, developers of all skill levels can easily begin with deep learning.
- The device can run and build custom models with the help of Amazon Sage Maker. Pre-trained models are readily available with just one click.
- It comes with a pre-installed inference engine that is powerful enough to run any deep learning framework.
- It is fully programmable and very easy to customize using AWS Lambda.
Even if Amazon’s DeepLens AI camera is designed specifically for developers, for now, the device is surely showing potential for possible consumers in the future. It could potentially help consumers make life easier than it already is. It could help develop applications that allow the device to detect your pets and feed them and many other possibilities!